Shell Platinum MasterCard is gas or fuel rewards card, issued by Citibank. The Shell MC can be used by large consumers or for personal use. While there are high gas prices today, some of us are searching for ways to cut fuel expenses. Whilst Shell offers several different cards, maybe Shell MasterCard is the popular credit card for the regular Shell branded gasoline purchases. (Non-US residents should view this page). While you buy fuel, you get some credits, that will’be used for the next fuel purchases. Also, it can be used anywhere MasterCard is accepted
If you make qualifying purchases of at least 499$ in one billing cycle, in the subsequent billing cycle you’ll get at least 10 cent credits per gallon on the initial 100 gallons of Shell’s fuel purchases with this card. The total credits are dependent on the amount of qualifying purchases:
Total Qualifying Purchases in Billing Cycle | Credits Per Gallon
1. 500 – 1,000 $ | 0.10 cents
2. 1,000 – 2,500 $ | 0.15 cents
3. more than 2,500$ | 0.20 cents
“Qualifying purchases” means the purchases, which are made at Shell Branded locations around the U.S. with Shell Master Card. These purchases are made for family, personal or such purposes. Aviation fuels aren’t involved for credits. Credits won’t carry-over into successive billing cycles. You won’t earn credits if your account will be closed or you default under the terms.
- Pay at the pump or pay in store, as for gasoline purchases as a convenience store purchases;
- ATM cash access around the U.S. (-cash advance fee).
- 0$ Liability upon unauthorised charges.
- Shell mastercard online access can be done with Shell MasterCard account online free;
- It has no annual fees.
- APR for: purchases -24%. cash advances – 28%. Balance transfer and Cash Advance fee – 3 % or 5$. Minimum Interest Charge: 2$. The APRs are variable, dependent on the Prime Rate.
- At least 24 days grace period – there will not be any interest charges for purchases (!) if you pay whole balance by the due date. (Fee for late payment is up to 35$.)
Some specifications of Shell Master Card
There are several factors to consider before you apply for this card. First, the gas discount is only at Shell stations, so if they aren’t near you and not regularly take advantage of the 0.10$ discount, avoid applying for this card. Also, it may seem to someone, that at Shell fuel costs at least 0.10$ more than at other companies, and in this case, 0.10$ discount may not give you much advantage, so you should look at other companies’ gas prices.
Do not carry a balance on this card, because (according to regular credit card’s interest rate) if a person doesn’t pay the credit card balance in full, at last he will end up paying more, than at the pump.
If you can carry several credit cards, you may want to use this card solely for gasoline purchases, and you should also have other cash back cards in portfolio to get extra rebates on other things, like groceries and etc.
Application for Shell MC
Keep in mind, that when a person is qualified for those credits, they’ll apply just to the initial 100 gallons of Shell fuel. Credits’ll be displayed upon the billing statements as a single account credits. If you are interested, you’d better get more information in the following link – how to apply for ShellMasterCard. After becoming a cardmember, you’ll receive the full Shell Platinum MasterCard rewards program Terms&Conditions, which may change any time within 30 days.